Helping reduce your carbon emissions
Solatainer® has been developed to provide an autonomous off-grid power supply, integrating renewable-power and storage with diesel-power back-up to reduce fuel consumption, carbon emissions and carbon footprint
Created sustainably from asingle-use 20ft ISO shipping container, Solatainer® supports a PV array specified for maximum solar gain and efficiency. When equipped with Gaia Renewable Energy’s ground breaking Solawedge® the unit is scale-able up to 50kw and in its standard setup comprises of a 4Kw PV array, 20Kw/h battery pack and 16Kw stand-by generator.
During daytime operation the energy created by Solatainer®’s PV solar panels is harvested and stored in an on-board battery pack. The standby generator is configured to run only when batteries are depleted below a software-set limit or when a demand spike occurs.
The results are spectacular, reducing fuel costs by circa 80% when compared to a conventional diesel generator.
Why choose Solatainer?
- Reduced Set-Up Time and Costs
- Reduce Environmental Impact and Carbon Footprint
- Patented Flexible Mounting System that uses Water or Mechanical Fixings for Ballast
- Regulatory Compliance E.G. ISO 14001 And Considerate Constructor
- Can Be Used On Sites Deemed Unsuitable for Construction or Occupation.
- Dimensions (lxwxh) 6.06 x 2.44 x 2.59 (m)
- Weight 3092 kg
- Static Load 5400 Pa (snow) 2400 Pa (wind)
- PV Module Cover High Transmission Glass
- Rated Power 25 kW
- Maximum Apparent Power 30 kVA
- AC Nominal Voltage 400/230/115v
- Rated frequency/ voltage 50 Hz
- Max Output Current 32A
- Operating range −25°C/+60°C
Stand by generator
- Maximum Power 15KVA
- Rated Power 13Kw
- Nominal Voltage 51.8 V
- Capacity from 126 Ah
- Electricity Storage from 15 kWh